Friday, December 12, 2008

Your iPod needs to be reformatted for use with Windows.

Got a big shock of my life when i connected my ipod (nano 3rd generation) to my PC today.

I saw the message
"Your iPod needs to be reformatted for use with Windows. Would you like to run iTunes to restore your iPod now?



It was working well before, i did not plug it into any other computer.

No knowing if my data and stuff will still be there, i clicked "Cancel".

Went online to look for a solution. I Googled for it and found there are some support site from apple that refer to it http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1441?viewlocale=en_US but from my understanding, it is describing the steps to follow through instead of how to resolve it.

I went to a few other websites. And follow instructions here and there. Finally, after i plug in my ipod, the message is no more there. Normal operation resumes.

Here are the steps i took;

1. Switch ipod to hold.
2. Swith ipod to UN-hold
3. Press "MENU" and centre button together. Hold down both buttons until the ipod reset itself.
4. After reset, "Off" the ipod by pressing and holding the "play / pause" button
5. "On" the ipod again

After the above steps, i tried to plug into my computer again. And it works! =D




More resource using Google Suggest for "ipod help"

Asian Parenting